Keller Rohrback L.L.P. has an opening for an Associate with 4-5 years of litigation and trial experience. Experience in insurance coverage and bad faith and/or personal injury practice areas considered a plus. The successful candidate will have excellent research and writing skills, be motivated to succeed in a team setting, and have extensive experience with discovery and civil motion practice. WSBA membership is required. Compensation is negotiable based upon qualifications and experience. Interested applicants please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to or Director of Administration, 1201 Third Avenue, Suite 3200, Seattle, WA 98101. No phone calls, please.
Keller Rohrback L.L.P. is seeking to add a paralegal with 5+ years of experience to join its plaintiff’s tort litigation practice group. The successful candidate will have strong knowledge of legal concepts, legal terminology, and legal processes, and have extensive experience with discovery, civil motion practice, and trial. This role requires a strong combination of technical project management skills and a high level of internal customer service. We are looking for someone who is very straightforward by nature, positive and proactive, enjoys working in a team, has a great sense of humor and ability to handle challenging situations.
- Passion for protecting the rights of individuals
- 5+ years of direct experience as a litigation paralegal with project management responsibility
- Hands-on experience with e-discovery tools for data processing, culling, filtering, production, and document review
- Extensive mediation and trial experience
- Lead projects from inception through delivery including resource requirements, workflows, and competing deadlines
- Serve as primary contact throughout a project, which includes leading meetings, proactively identifying and resolving issues, and owning responsibility for accurate and timely deliverables
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Exemplary communication skills and ability to quickly build rapport with colleagues, co-counsel, and clients
- Collaborate on the delivery of complex projects that integrate multiple resources
- Exceptional communication skills – is candid, personable and confident
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Ability to effectively respond to urgent situations that require a quick response or turnaround
- Demonstrated ability as an independent thinker and self-starter, and a strong work ethic
- Extremely responsive to deadlines
- Ability to work independently or in teams
We offer a strong collaborative team environment, in addition to a competitive compensation and benefits package. Interested applicants please send a cover letter and resume to Human Resources, 1201 Third Avenue, Suite 3200, Seattle, WA 98101, or to . No phone calls, please.
Accounting Assistant: Keller Rohrback L.L.P. is seeking to hire an accounting assistant with 2+ years of accounting experience in a professional services firm, and/or a recent college degree in business administration or finance. Under the supervision of our Accounting Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing the following accounting tasks:
- Open and disburse accounting mail
- Daily deposits, including client credit card payments, retainers, wires, ACH payments
- Assist with trust accounting which includes settlement allocations and tax coding
- Reconcile various G/L and Bank Accounts
- Assist with preparation of month-end reports
- Post interest income to appropriate GL accounts
- Contact clients regarding past due invoice payments
- Soft cost data entry and balancing
- Assist with preparation of B&O use taxes
- Scanning and electronic filing
- Perform a variety of administrative and accounting duties as required
The successful candidate will have strong math and Excel skills, possess exceptional customer-service skills internally with attorneys and staff and externally with firm clients and vendors; reflect sound problem solving and independent judgment skills; have an easy ability to multi-task, and will have earned a reputation for being accurate, proactive, efficient and dependable.
Keller Rohrback L.L.P. offers a strong and competitive benefits package. Interested applicants please send a cover letter and resume to Human Resources Manager, 1201 Third Avenue, Suite 3200, Seattle, WA 98101 or to . No phone calls, please.
Litigation Intake Specialist/Paralegal: Keller Rohrback L.L.P. is seeking to add an entry-level intake specialist/paralegal to join its plaintiff class action litigation team. The primary role consists of fielding leads from our marketing efforts by responding to phone and web-based inquiries, and completing the initial client intake evaluation regarding possible class representation. The client should hang up from your call feeling respected and heard, with a clear understanding of next steps for possible class representation. Other paralegal tasks will be assigned as time permits. Training for this position will be provided by our marketing specialists and paralegals. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, patient, have a passion for protecting the rights of individuals, enjoy engaging with the public, and communicate in a cheerful and professional manner – never an eye-roll (it comes through!) or a heavy sigh. This is an excellent position to begin building a successful career as a paralegal and for those contemplating law school.
- Engaging phone presence and ability to reflect empathy, while maintaining a high level of professionalism
- Ability to build rapport with potential clients and internally with colleagues
- Outstanding listening skills with an ability to play back what’s been said
- Ability to effectively respond to urgent situations that require a quick response
- Basic understanding of legal concepts and terminology (beneficial, but not required)
- Extremely responsive to deadlines
- Promptly respond to potential client calls and web-based inquiries
- Takes detailed, legible notes
- Input and maintain client data
- Complete client intake form
- Other paralegal tasks and projects when available
We offer a strong collaborative team environment, in addition to a competitive compensation and benefits package. Interested applicants please send a cover letter to . No phone calls, please.
In addition to the positions posted above, Keller Rohrback L.L.P. is always interested in reviewing resumes from qualified applicants. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and references to . No phone calls, please.