Insurance Bad Faith & Policyholder Rights
If you live in the greater Seattle area, have suffered property damage due to fire or water loss, and have a homeowners or business owners insurance claim, we urge you to contact one of our attorneys before you contact your insurance company. Our attorneys can help you navigate the insurance claims process effectively and spot bad faith insurance activity early. Initial consultations at Keller Rohrback are free of charge. Call (206) 623-1900 today to schedule a consultation.
Your home, business, or other property is insured for a reason, which is to make you whole in the event of property damage and keep your life interruptions to a minimum during the recovery process. If you have paid for insurance, you are entitled to the full benefits of your policy coverage. The Keller Rohrback insurance policyholder group attorneys have decades of experience holding insurance companies accountable to their policyholders.
Our team–William Smart, Ian Birk, Kathryn Knudsen, Isaac Ruiz and Gabe Verdugo–has over 60 years of combined experience litigating insurance coverage and bad faith disputes. You can contact us at (206) 623-1900.
Our successful track record is a result of our passion for protecting the rights of disadvantaged policyholders and our desire to hold insurers accountable for their promises. We litigate issues concerning coverage, insurance bad faith, negligent claims handling, violations of the Insurance Fair Conduct Act, breach of the duty to defend, and more. Our team has unmatched experience representing policyholders in cases involving:
Home & Property Insurance
- Homeowners’ coverage for fire, water, storm, and other damage
- Property and casualty loss also due to fire, water, storm, and other damage
- Automobile coverage
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
- Aviation and marine policies
Life & Health Insurance
- Healthcare benefits from healthcare insurers
- Life insurance
- Supplemental accident and cancer coverage
- Disability coverage
- Professional malpractice policies
- Employment practices insurance policies
- Product recall policies
General and Surplus Insurance
- General liability policies
- Environmental coverage
- Umbrella policies
- Excess and surplus coverage
- Title insurance
- Construction policies
Recent Successes Include:
- Owner of a grocery store destroyed by fire; securing relief that store be rebuilt from the foundation.
- Insurance Bad Faith fire case Beck v. Lloyds of London, et al, which resulted in a $574,000 settlement.
- Victims of a storage warehouse fire in Washington’s first class action lawsuit under the Insurance Fair Conduct Act.
- Bird v. Best Plumbing, which together with Gordon Tilden Thomas & Cordell, obtained a $3.75 million judgement.
- Family of a Washington teacher denied life insurance benefits of $150,000. Settlement of contractual and extracontractual claims for $400,000.
- King County in a multi-million-dollar insurance coverage and bad faith lawsuit arising from the Brightwater Treatment System.
- Representation of a major snack manufacturer relating to a product recall insurance investigation.
- A retired state judge in a healthcare coverage matter that resulted in the court holding the state’s Health Technology Clinical Committee law unconstitutional.
- Linder v. Great Northern Insurance Company, resulting in a $2.8 million Appraisal Award.
- Kleppen v. West Coast Life Insurance Company, which obtained over $956,000 in settlements.
- Clayton/Bonner v. Jiffy Lube, an employment discrimination and Insurance Bad Faith case resulting in a $1.2 million recovery.